We are thrilled to welcome school groups to the Faire on Friday, November 16! No signup needed – workshops happen throughout the day.
RSVP with the number of people in your group, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are offering kid-friendly workshops throughout the day on both Friday November 16 and Saturday November 17.
Workshops will include:
- Interactive coding for kids with Makey-Makey circuit boards, Dash & Dot programmable robots, and X-Ray Goggles web building tools.
- Piccles, a collaborative drawing application that allows for everyone to instantaneously make art together. I will prepare a number of projects that attendees of the workshop/presentation can participate in through their phones by going to app.piccles.com. All of these contributions will be displayed in real-time, so the audience will leave having creatively expressed themselves and been part of art!
- Table-top basketball with Kids Code Jeunesse: Play it, tinker with it and see how it works, then tweak the game by yourselves – and maybe even build your own copy of it in a few minutes. The ingredients are simple: aluminum foil, a cup, some basic circuitry parts, and a Micro:bit microcontroller.
- Textile recycling workshops that invite participants to make their own reusable bags with discarded textiles
- Book-making workshops out of recycled materials